10-30 kw – Cut the cost of your daytime electricity to 1/3 of what you are currently paying!
10-30kw systems suit small businesses that have 5-30 staff usually. Such as small/medium car dealerships, other retailers, veterinary and doctors surgeries, accountants and lawyers operating from their own buildings as opposed to office towers, daycare centres, small farms, any business who operates machinery for production, packing etc.
These systems qualify for the upfront discount of the Government Rebate known as STCs (Small Scale Clean Technology Certificates) which is usually 25%-30% off the cost.
Once the deposit is paid, applications to the Electrical Authority are submitted and take 2-4 weeks and procurement of system components is done in this time.
Once installation begins on site it is completed in 1-2 weeks. There is one more week before the system is operational, when a specialist contractor has to come and install the new meter for the electricity authority.
So all up your system will be operational in 4 weeks for a 10kw and 7 weeks for a 30kw system.
Expert advice and free quotes.
Get the most from your solar
10 kW Solar System Cost / Benefit Analysis
- You decide on a 10.26 kW system (36 x LG Electronic solar panels) and it costs you $20,520 out of pocket fully installed (after STC & excluding GST).
- Your business is in Newcastle where a 10.26 kW system produces on average 38.75 kWh per day. This assumes a north facing roof with no shade issues.
- The price you currently pay for electricity is approx $0.23/kWh.
- You use 70% of the energy your system generates during the day time and you therefore you export 30% to the grid.
- Yearly System production = 38.75 units (kWh) x 365 days = 14,142 kWh per year
- Yearly Solar consumption = 14,142 units (kWh) x 0.7 = 9,899 kWh (70% Consumed) = 4,243 kWh (30% Exported)
- Yearly Benefit = (9899 x $0.23) + (4243 x $0.06) = $2531
- Cost $/kwh of solar over 25 year life of system = $0.06/kwh (compared to $0.23 /kwh for grid electricity)
- Return on Investment = $2531/$20,520 x 100 = 12.3% per annum
- Payback period = $20,520/$2531 = 8.1 years
- And the price of this electricity will not go up!
10-30 kw Systems – Bill and System Size GuideAssumptions: $/kwh for daytime electricity in this group range from $0.26 – $0.42/kwh. We use an average price of $0.30, but $0.23 for daytime electricity that excludes set charges that cannot be mitigated. 40% of current total consumption is consumed in shoulder period or daylight sun producing hours.
What clients say about us